The goals and objectives of "Hellenic Society of Coloproctology":
- The promotion of colorectal surgery and the promotion of medical science and research in the field of colon and rectal diseases.
- Various colorectal diseases as a rational for the cooperation of relevant medical specialties.
- Registry for colorectal diseases, in cooperation with the corresponding Greek or European Associations.
- Organizing training, specialization, collaboration and development through multidisciplinary committees in colorectal diseases.
- The organization of Panhellenic and International congresses, workshops, seminars, etc.
- The effective contribution of the association in the process of endorsing a training programm for young surgeons, in order to gain knowledge in the field of colorectal surgery.
- The implementation of international guidelines for the treatment of benign and malignant colorectal diseases in Greece.
- Trying to endorse the training programm of ESCP fellow.